Estate Planning Basics – Preparing for Incapacity and Existing Plans
January 11, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
an Advance Directive…
Here some of the questions/topics addressed during this session:
– What is the difference between a Will and a Trust?
– Power of Attorney vs. Guardianship proceedings;
– What is probate? How to avoid it;
– Beneficiaries to financial accounts, such as life insurance, retirement stocks… things to have in mind;
– Minor children provisions.
FOCUS: Power of Attorney vs. Adult Guardianship Proceedings – what triggers them? Who determines that a
person is incapacitated? Existing Estate Planning Documents – are they still valid? For how long? How do I amend