- This event has passed.
Estate Planning Basics with a focus on Advance Directives
August 23 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Let’s talk about what documents are usually included in an Estate Plan: A Will, a Power of Attorney, an Advance Directive, a Trust or a Transfer on Death Deed – what they are & how and when they work.
Here some of the questions/topics addressed during this session:
– What is the difference between a Will and a Trust?
– Power of Attorney vs. Guardianship proceedings;
– What is probate? How to avoid it;
– Beneficiaries to financial accounts, such as life insurance, retirement stocks… things to have in mind;
– Minor children provisions.
FOCUS: What is an Advance Directive or Living Will? How can I execute one for free? What do I do with it? What are some of the terms listed in the documents? What is the difference between the various conditions addressed in the form?